Reading over the Articles of Confederation I found this particularly funny phrase: "... unless such State be infested by pirates..." Too bad there aren't more pirate infestations nowadays.
Also I'd forgotten that Article XI of the Articles of Confederation allows Canada to join the US without approval of the states. Pirates and eating up Canada -- they really were the good old days.
Last, can anyone tell me what the proper name for Rhode Island actually is? I've always known it as "Rhode Island," but the official Rhode Island state web site says the name is "Rhode Island and Providence Plantation," and so does the Constitution (see article I). I'm sure there's a good reason for that silly long name, but I'm too tired to look it up. Perhaps I'll update tomorrow.
- ► 2005 (19)
- Computer Trouble
- The Grade Rant
- In 12th Book of Best-Selling Series, Jesus Returns...
- A Bohemian Mixer, Anyone?
- I'm Back
- Updating Bundling
- Articles of Confederation funnies
- Indian tikka and cancer
- Trailer watch
- "Awaking to a Dream"
- It's all Greek (?) to me
- Ah, Microsoft
- The Grey Album's next step problem
- Sad, and scary
- Shrink-wrap licenses and personal property servitu...
- Evolution and Harvard Law Review
- Dismay at CNN
- Whither the Whats
- Blogging From The Pacific...
- Programming Note
- Restrictions on Alienability, Anti-Commodification...
- Claremont Professor Suspected of Staging Hate Crim...
- Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
- Service Interruption
- Blogging From The Airport: Potbelly Sandwich Works...
- More on Microsoft's Antitrust Mess
- PeopleSoft Merger
- Microsoft Giveaways
- Coerced Virtue
- Link Fest 2004 - Wacky Washington (State) Law Stuf...
- Link Fest 2004 - Random Stuff
- Quote Of The Day
- Century City
- Howard Bashman's Daily To-Do List
- From the department of not-very-surprising correla...
- Hard Cases Make Bad Law . . . But Only If You Have...
- Passion Pt. IV
- And back at ya...
- "Compassion for Mordor"
- A middle ground?
- Pastorelli Dies
- Judging Judicial Activism
- Williams and Will's Reservations
- South Park Does It Again
- Free Wi-Fi at Airports and Some Rambling
- Rush (the band) on Volokh!
- The O.C.
- Husky Sports Update
- Lawyers with too much time on their hands...
- Chief Justice Rehnquist Interview
- Judge Kozinski: Game Theorist
- Of Note: National
- Of Note: California Events
- Of Note: Entertainment
- "McAuliffe’s Strict Constructionism"
- Brian Said It
- Landes On Coase On Antitrust
- Why The Site Will Be Slow For A Few Days
- How I Lost the Big One, By Lawrence Lessig
- ▼ March (63)