Tonight I ran across Microsoft's home buying guide. You can enter your zip code and Microsoft will tell you what your neighborhood's make-up is, as well as what the typical resident is like. Apparently, Hyde Park is predominantly filled with "Bohemian Mixes." Sounds like a type of feline. Check out what we are:
"Bohemian Mix is America's Bohemia, a truly integrated mixture of executives, students, actors, and writers who live high-rises. This educated group is dominated by singles, and has the nation's second lowest index for children."
Other categories include "Young Influentials," "Inner Cities, ""Winner's Circle," "Kids & Cul-de-Sacs," "Blue Blood Estates," "Countryside Acres," and "Millionaire Estates." Ok, so those last two are from the board game Life, but you get the idea.
Now check out what Microsoft thinks we in Hyde Park are like:
Go to bars/nightclubs
Do painting, drawing
Use an ATM card
Have a VISA card
Own a Mitsubishi
Drink bottled water
Own a Volkswagen
Buy $100+ jeans
Buy lots of film
Watch Star Trek-Voyager
Read Travel & Leisure
This all gives me a vaguely sick feeling. Still, I'd better get that Mitsubishi . . .
- ► 2005 (19)
- Computer Trouble
- The Grade Rant
- In 12th Book of Best-Selling Series, Jesus Returns...
- A Bohemian Mixer, Anyone?
- I'm Back
- Updating Bundling
- Articles of Confederation funnies
- Indian tikka and cancer
- Trailer watch
- "Awaking to a Dream"
- It's all Greek (?) to me
- Ah, Microsoft
- The Grey Album's next step problem
- Sad, and scary
- Shrink-wrap licenses and personal property servitu...
- Evolution and Harvard Law Review
- Dismay at CNN
- Whither the Whats
- Blogging From The Pacific...
- Programming Note
- Restrictions on Alienability, Anti-Commodification...
- Claremont Professor Suspected of Staging Hate Crim...
- Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
- Service Interruption
- Blogging From The Airport: Potbelly Sandwich Works...
- More on Microsoft's Antitrust Mess
- PeopleSoft Merger
- Microsoft Giveaways
- Coerced Virtue
- Link Fest 2004 - Wacky Washington (State) Law Stuf...
- Link Fest 2004 - Random Stuff
- Quote Of The Day
- Century City
- Howard Bashman's Daily To-Do List
- From the department of not-very-surprising correla...
- Hard Cases Make Bad Law . . . But Only If You Have...
- Passion Pt. IV
- And back at ya...
- "Compassion for Mordor"
- A middle ground?
- Pastorelli Dies
- Judging Judicial Activism
- Williams and Will's Reservations
- South Park Does It Again
- Free Wi-Fi at Airports and Some Rambling
- Rush (the band) on Volokh!
- The O.C.
- Husky Sports Update
- Lawyers with too much time on their hands...
- Chief Justice Rehnquist Interview
- Judge Kozinski: Game Theorist
- Of Note: National
- Of Note: California Events
- Of Note: Entertainment
- "McAuliffe’s Strict Constructionism"
- Brian Said It
- Landes On Coase On Antitrust
- Why The Site Will Be Slow For A Few Days
- How I Lost the Big One, By Lawrence Lessig
- ▼ March (63)