Just what Claremont needs: another stupid race incident (see here for info on the previous controversy). This time, some drunk kids stole a piece of art shaped like a cross and burned it as a prank during winter break. Apparently this kind of looked like a "burning cross" (who'd have thunk it?) and freaked some people out.
Thankfully, Claremont people are in the press for good reasons too. Another Pitney quote on Arnold:
"Analysts say the former body builder and Hollywood icon is flexing political muscles not seen for years in California.
'We are talking political steroids,' said Jack Pitney, a government professor at Claremont McKenna College. 'He can claim credit for turning around public opinion.'"
Speaking of which, Arnold scored a big victory this week, as the Washington Post notes in this article. I'm sure you know all this already. But here's something you might not have known before this article: like a good Californian, Arnold commutes to work. He just does it by private jet from LA to Sacramento.
- ► 2005 (19)
- Computer Trouble
- The Grade Rant
- In 12th Book of Best-Selling Series, Jesus Returns...
- A Bohemian Mixer, Anyone?
- I'm Back
- Updating Bundling
- Articles of Confederation funnies
- Indian tikka and cancer
- Trailer watch
- "Awaking to a Dream"
- It's all Greek (?) to me
- Ah, Microsoft
- The Grey Album's next step problem
- Sad, and scary
- Shrink-wrap licenses and personal property servitu...
- Evolution and Harvard Law Review
- Dismay at CNN
- Whither the Whats
- Blogging From The Pacific...
- Programming Note
- Restrictions on Alienability, Anti-Commodification...
- Claremont Professor Suspected of Staging Hate Crim...
- Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
- Service Interruption
- Blogging From The Airport: Potbelly Sandwich Works...
- More on Microsoft's Antitrust Mess
- PeopleSoft Merger
- Microsoft Giveaways
- Coerced Virtue
- Link Fest 2004 - Wacky Washington (State) Law Stuf...
- Link Fest 2004 - Random Stuff
- Quote Of The Day
- Century City
- Howard Bashman's Daily To-Do List
- From the department of not-very-surprising correla...
- Hard Cases Make Bad Law . . . But Only If You Have...
- Passion Pt. IV
- And back at ya...
- "Compassion for Mordor"
- A middle ground?
- Pastorelli Dies
- Judging Judicial Activism
- Williams and Will's Reservations
- South Park Does It Again
- Free Wi-Fi at Airports and Some Rambling
- Rush (the band) on Volokh!
- The O.C.
- Husky Sports Update
- Lawyers with too much time on their hands...
- Chief Justice Rehnquist Interview
- Judge Kozinski: Game Theorist
- Of Note: National
- Of Note: California Events
- Of Note: Entertainment
- "McAuliffe’s Strict Constructionism"
- Brian Said It
- Landes On Coase On Antitrust
- Why The Site Will Be Slow For A Few Days
- How I Lost the Big One, By Lawrence Lessig
- ▼ March (63)