For those of you who can't get enough of American Idol's William Hung, check this out.
And for more internet fun, try this game. It's penguin batting practice. Fun, if not macabre. It has Jonah Goldberg's full recommendation.
If you think penguin batting practice is in bad taste, check out this banned commercial for the N-Gage phone/gaming device. It includes classy lines like this: "This is where I left Kate, Lucy and Michelle begging for more" as the camera shows a remote mobile home. A winning commerical for a winning product.
TiVo sports good news this week – because it’s a wildly popular product that’s changing the face of TV entertainment, it’s only going to lose 12 million dollars this year, as opposed to the 32 million it lost last year. Go tech stocks!
Meanwhile, Wyoming is rich. You figure it out.
Recommended viewing: Album Covers on MTV 2. Some mediocre band covers the entire album of some good band, and yet it works. Even if the songs sound worse, it’s at least interesting to hear new interpretations.
Here’s the schedule for the only episode I could find: Dashboard Confessional does REM’s Automatic For The People. Pretty hard to mess up one of the best albums around if you can actually play. Dashboard Confessional humbly recognized, however, that the perfect versions of these songs are already out there. Still nice to hear them live, particularly the less popular tracks.
- ► 2005 (19)
- Computer Trouble
- The Grade Rant
- In 12th Book of Best-Selling Series, Jesus Returns...
- A Bohemian Mixer, Anyone?
- I'm Back
- Updating Bundling
- Articles of Confederation funnies
- Indian tikka and cancer
- Trailer watch
- "Awaking to a Dream"
- It's all Greek (?) to me
- Ah, Microsoft
- The Grey Album's next step problem
- Sad, and scary
- Shrink-wrap licenses and personal property servitu...
- Evolution and Harvard Law Review
- Dismay at CNN
- Whither the Whats
- Blogging From The Pacific...
- Programming Note
- Restrictions on Alienability, Anti-Commodification...
- Claremont Professor Suspected of Staging Hate Crim...
- Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
- Service Interruption
- Blogging From The Airport: Potbelly Sandwich Works...
- More on Microsoft's Antitrust Mess
- PeopleSoft Merger
- Microsoft Giveaways
- Coerced Virtue
- Link Fest 2004 - Wacky Washington (State) Law Stuf...
- Link Fest 2004 - Random Stuff
- Quote Of The Day
- Century City
- Howard Bashman's Daily To-Do List
- From the department of not-very-surprising correla...
- Hard Cases Make Bad Law . . . But Only If You Have...
- Passion Pt. IV
- And back at ya...
- "Compassion for Mordor"
- A middle ground?
- Pastorelli Dies
- Judging Judicial Activism
- Williams and Will's Reservations
- South Park Does It Again
- Free Wi-Fi at Airports and Some Rambling
- Rush (the band) on Volokh!
- The O.C.
- Husky Sports Update
- Lawyers with too much time on their hands...
- Chief Justice Rehnquist Interview
- Judge Kozinski: Game Theorist
- Of Note: National
- Of Note: California Events
- Of Note: Entertainment
- "McAuliffe’s Strict Constructionism"
- Brian Said It
- Landes On Coase On Antitrust
- Why The Site Will Be Slow For A Few Days
- How I Lost the Big One, By Lawrence Lessig
- ▼ March (63)