According to CNN, Robert Pastorelli died today. Sounds like drugs.
Pastorelli played Eldin on Murphy Brown back in the day. One of my favorite scenes occurred when Eldin finally decided to show some of his work at a gallery. He invited all these critics and it was very hoity toity and finally he opened the door to the gallery to reveal his works.
All the critics walk into this white room with a "No Smoking" sign in the middle, and a light switch on the wall. There's some silence, and then the critics start raving about how powerful his message is... they go on and on about the simplicity of our lives (as seen through the light switch) and how the "No Smoking" sign conveys the way we're destroying the Earth, or something like that. Anyway, after several minutes of this Eldin breaks in and says, essentially, "That's great guys... but actually my painting is on the ceiling." Get it? See, the light switch and No Smoking sign weren't his art... but art critics are so... you know.
Classic scene. It's been years since I've seen the show. I may not be remembering it correctly. Or it may actually be another show entirely that I've transposed into Murphy Brown land. Still, classic.
- ► 2005 (19)
- Computer Trouble
- The Grade Rant
- In 12th Book of Best-Selling Series, Jesus Returns...
- A Bohemian Mixer, Anyone?
- I'm Back
- Updating Bundling
- Articles of Confederation funnies
- Indian tikka and cancer
- Trailer watch
- "Awaking to a Dream"
- It's all Greek (?) to me
- Ah, Microsoft
- The Grey Album's next step problem
- Sad, and scary
- Shrink-wrap licenses and personal property servitu...
- Evolution and Harvard Law Review
- Dismay at CNN
- Whither the Whats
- Blogging From The Pacific...
- Programming Note
- Restrictions on Alienability, Anti-Commodification...
- Claremont Professor Suspected of Staging Hate Crim...
- Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
- Service Interruption
- Blogging From The Airport: Potbelly Sandwich Works...
- More on Microsoft's Antitrust Mess
- PeopleSoft Merger
- Microsoft Giveaways
- Coerced Virtue
- Link Fest 2004 - Wacky Washington (State) Law Stuf...
- Link Fest 2004 - Random Stuff
- Quote Of The Day
- Century City
- Howard Bashman's Daily To-Do List
- From the department of not-very-surprising correla...
- Hard Cases Make Bad Law . . . But Only If You Have...
- Passion Pt. IV
- And back at ya...
- "Compassion for Mordor"
- A middle ground?
- Pastorelli Dies
- Judging Judicial Activism
- Williams and Will's Reservations
- South Park Does It Again
- Free Wi-Fi at Airports and Some Rambling
- Rush (the band) on Volokh!
- The O.C.
- Husky Sports Update
- Lawyers with too much time on their hands...
- Chief Justice Rehnquist Interview
- Judge Kozinski: Game Theorist
- Of Note: National
- Of Note: California Events
- Of Note: Entertainment
- "McAuliffe’s Strict Constructionism"
- Brian Said It
- Landes On Coase On Antitrust
- Why The Site Will Be Slow For A Few Days
- How I Lost the Big One, By Lawrence Lessig
- ▼ March (63)