MSNBC has this article, entitled "Can Star Wars: Episode III be Saved?: Fire Lucas, fire Christensen and resurrect Ed Wood from the grave." Here's a bit of it:
"Maybe the best thing to do would be to get Anakin to embrace the Dark Side as quickly as possible, perhaps by forcing him to confront some terrible disappointment that will haunt him for the rest of his days. We suggest this two-line scene set in a Coruscant restaurant:
WAITER: Here’s your green salad, sir.
ANAKIN: What? You fool, I told you NO CROUTONS! Aaaaaaargh!
Anakin puts on his black helmet and storms off to his local county clerk’s office and fills out the paperwork to have his name legally changed to 'Darth Annie Vader.' (He later quietly drops the middle name, realizing it doesn’t help his macho image.) And then for the next two hours, it’s all special-effects spaceship battles, which is the real reason most of us will go to the theater anyway. Fade to black."
Sadly, it's far too late to fire anyone. The movie (probably titled "Birth of the Empire," btw) is mostly done. I wonder what Lucas thinks of the Lord of Rings films. Do you think he saw them and was like, "Wow, Fellowship of the Ring is almost as good as Phantom Menace!" Or do you think he realized that they upped the ante a bit? Not that Battleship Earth wouldn't have upped the ante for the Phantom Menace too.
Despite being secluded on that ranch much of the time, he does watch other movies. Plus, Trey Parker told him Phantom Menace sucked. So I think he knows, but he has this attitude like "hey, everybody told me the original sucked too, and then I made a quadrillion dollars." Well George, this time everyone is right.
I'll still see it though. (from Slashdot)
- ► 2005 (19)
- The George Bush narrative
- Help A Poor Guy Out
- For Anyone Heading to LA This Summer
- The Story of the Weeping Camel
- Washingtonienne/Wonkette Interview on Fox News
- Massively Multiplayer Online Gaming Market
- Boalt Is Better Than This
- Snoop Dogg is Getting a Divizzle
- Boalt's silly petition
- News Aggregators
- Google apology ad
- You Learn Something New Everyday
- SNL Season Review
- Fockering around
- An Age-Old Debate Settled
- Schwarzenegger's Saliva for Sale
- Justice Served on Streisand
- Mobile Law Office
- 7th Circuit Follies
- Procrastination Aid
- Little Miss Hooters Contest
- Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle
- Supreme Court of Mexico Newspaper Ad
- Star Wars: Episode III Proposal
- Virtual Church
- "New York Minute" review
- A Dissenting Opinion . . . By Press Release
- The Sweetest Box Score in All of Sports
- Standing on the Left? You Must Be on Vacation
- God's Gift to Football - Mark Brunell?
- Bad News for John Kerry?
- John Cleese Interview
- Kucinich Update
- Henry Louis Gates, Jr.'s Dilemma: Diversity or Hon...
- Punitive Damages in the Extended Sphere
- Greece Struggles to Clear Hurdles in Sprint to Gam...
- Blog Meme
- Irony strikes again...
- Bork Bork Bork!
- The Incredibles
- A tad bitter?
- Misleading title
- Perfect price discrimination
- Legos Make Everything Better
- Scientology is a Cult
- Most Cited Legal Periodicals
- Slavery apology
- Crossing the Streams
- Michael Moore, Liar? Nah...
- They Come in All Shapes, Sizes, and Ages
- The Academy of Arts and Sciences' New Members
- Career Change
- Quote of the Day
- Wanda Baucus - Bitch, Bipolar, or Both?
- Cracker Barrel Agrees to Plan to Address Reports o...
- Ad Assails D.C. Cardinal for Stance on Communion
- The Art of the Pool Report
- Two delightful pieces
- Zagats and Naked Royalty
- Houston, We Have a Problem
- Spider-Man Web of Ads Unravels
- A Rent-Free Place, if You Can Find a Spot to Park
- Friends An Underachiever?
- Souterfest 2004
- Mind boggling
- Mariners Win in the Bottom of the 16th Inning
- Funny SNL Skit
- Credit where due
- The Numbers Game
- Peggy Noonan on Rasin in the Sun
- Book review #2
- Book review
- Sex In The Cities, by David Brooks
- European Enlargement
- The Circle of Garfield
- Psychologists in Need of Therapy
- Rep. McDermott Forgot 'Under God', Civil Rights Ac...
- In Re Scalia the Outspoken v. Scalia the Reserved ...
- Justice Souter Assaulted During Jog
- Trailer Watch
- Creationist Theme Parks
- ▼ May (86)