New York Times
Reading this article first made me think, "boy, I'm glad I got out of high school when I did." Then I realized it really wouldn't be that different. I'm sure the vast majority of this bullying is just an electronic version of talking behind someone's back. Except now you have a better chance of finding the source! IM names aren't bulletproof, and blogs authors are even easier to figure out (not me, though. My anonymity is airtight. Sure, the RSS feed of this site had my full name for the first 6 months of the site, but whatever). So maybe all this electronic bullying is good for the bullied. Or at least a preferable alternative. Now if we could just find a way to limit beatings to electronic form only . . .
Thursday, August 26, 2004
- ► 2005 (19)
- A Word To The Wise
- Conventional Wisdom
- College In A Nutshell
- Internet Gives Teenage Bullies Weapons to Wound Fr...
- The Boys From 'South Park' Go to War
- You Know Your Undergrad Has Hit The Big Time. . .
- US News Rankings - Best Colleges 2005
- Give 'Em Helland
- Racial Composition of Los Angeles
- Great Amicus in California Same-Sex Marriage Case
- They Stole My Idea!
- ▼ August (11)